donderdag 24 mei 2012

미소 - MISO KOREAN MUSICAL

Ok, five hours later I came back to my room and I have some time to sit behind my computer to write something. Writing on a mobile isn't that practical. So time to tell you something about Miso.

Miso ("Beautiful Smile") is the first Korean musical I've seen. The story is quite easy to understand: one woman and two men fighting for her love. The pretty woman fell in love with a man, but the more handsome and wealthier other man wants her all for himself. He tries to force her to marry him but that doesn't work out very well... Anyhow, you can see the musical in case you want to know the ending! ;)

I left early enough but the map on my ticket wasn't that clear so I had to rush and take a cab in order to come in time. Reaching two minutes late, the play already started. I arrived in the first scene while people were dancing and making samulnori music on the stage and doing some tricks while interacting with the audience. 

My first impression was: oh Jezus, what a busy play... I hope it won't be like this for the whole ride. But luckily for me it wasn't. There were different scenes with different sentiments. Sometimes some the performers were dancing, other scenes were more romantic, other ones very loud and active. The Miso musical really takes everything 'out of the closet' in order to make it a fun and not boring performance: it is diversified with dramatic scenes, some romance, singing, dancing and a short film & lyrics projections with English, Japanese and Chinese subtitles... and all of this accomponied by a live playing little Korean orchestra. And true, it was all very entertaining. Unfortunately a bus full with chinese rough-mannered middle-aged people also attented the play. They were continuously talking very loudly, even after the staff asked them to lower their voices. 


Although Miso is called a musical, in my opinion it's rather a 'pantomime play', as the performance  consists of a lot of pantomime, gestures and dancing. You don't really need any Korean skills to understand this play, luckily! And right after the play the performers will go outside on the courtyard, so you (and especially brute middle-aged Chinese grannies) get plenty of time to take pictures of the actors and actresses. If you can and have time, GO and see it! :)

After watching Miso musical I decided to take a walk in Deoksugung Palace. In the first week after my arrival in Korea I've visited this palace with (my at that time new friend) July. Now nine months later I'm visiting this place again, and with time passing by the palace looks different to me!


❤ ❤ ❤ 




after the play Miso performers went outside and were dancing so the audience could take pictures


the head actress and actor, very timide personalities :)


haha I look like a granny too!




My CANVAS PAPER SHOES! ❤ 









Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten