maandag 28 mei 2018

GOODBYE KOREA! 코리아 안녕~






















The end of an era!

The moment has come, at last: I'm leaving Korea and returning back to my home country Belgium!


Words are not enough to describe how I feel about the past six years and nine months in Kimichiland... so let's skip this part.

The only thing I can say is that I'm grateful for having gotten this amazing opportunity to live, study and work in such an interesting city as Seoul. Life wasn't always easy in a country so different from Belgium or any other place I've been to. Nevertheless, it's safe to say that I have never regretted my choice to come here.

The thing(s) I will miss the most from Korea is of course my dear friends who've always supported me; its distinct four seasons; learning and speaking Korean; the well-developed and affordable pubic transportation system allowing me to discover Korea and especially Seoul without any problem; clean and free public bathrooms; floor heating(!); ultra fast home delivery; the buzzers when ordering food & drinks; never having to cook and being able to go out eating every day; the free drinking water dispensers that are available everywhere; the high level of convenience and so many more things I'm sad having to leave behind.

What I certainly won't ever miss is the suffocating air pollution that's been building up in the past few years; pushing ajumma's in the subway; our landlady showering in my bathroom without notification (THE most shocking experience in Korea!); ice cold winters that make your face freeze off and put the ondol on max; needlessly complicated online procedures on websites!

So for now... Goobye Korea, Goodbye Seoul! Thank you for everything! And until we meet again! :)

So long,

Lara


한국에 온지 벌써 거의 7년 되었는데 아직 믿을 수 잆겠지만 이제 한국에서 떠나는거야. 이번에 진짜 굿바이입니다! 좋은 친구들을 만날 수 있었고, 좋은 경험을 이렇게 많이 쌓을 수 있었으니까 평화롭게 갈 수 있을 것 같아...  근데 서울과 모든 친구들을 엄청 많이 보고 싶을거야ㅠㅠ. 그동안 진심으로 고마웠어! 우리 또 보자! 벨기에로 오면 꼭 연락해주세요~ 맛있는 거 그리고 맥주 많이 쏠께! 사랑해~ 라라





2 opmerkingen:

  1. Deze reactie is verwijderd door de auteur.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Hey Lara! Ik zat deze week op Facebook (en dat gebeurd niet vaak) en zag dat je terug in het land was, permanent zo te lezen! Tim, Geoff en ik zouden het super tof vinden om nog eens af te spreken, fantastische herinneringen bovenhalen, je eindeloos vragen stellen over je laatste jaren in Korea, etc etc. Ik wou je net een bericht op FB sturen maar merkte op dat je profiel verdwenen/verborgen is. Ik heb echter geen andere manier om je te bereiken behalve via deze weg :).

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen